Mini Encyclopedia of Goldfish: Expert Practical Guidance on Keeping Goldfish Plus Detailed Profiles of All the Major Varieties (Paperback)
This book is for the hobbyist who needs a reliable and authoritative reference on how to keep fancy goldfish. Goldfish need a large tank (at least 10 gallons per fish) and one fish can cost as little as $10.00 to as much as $300 and higher for a large, rare variety. While fancy goldfish do not command the exorbitant prices of their cousins, koi carp, keeping them still requires money and an investment of time.
Mini Encyclopedia of Goldfish covers all aspects of caring for the smallest member of the carp family. There are sixteen varieties of fancy goldfish, each with elaborate colors and physical features. The book provides a profile of each variety and all of the practical information needed to keep a healthy freshwater tank in which goldfish will thrive.
The book includes:
- History and biology of goldfish
- Types and colors: Egg-shaped, Fancy-finned, Goggle-eyed
- The 16 varieties of goldfish
- Starting Out: Selection; Setting up the aquarium
- Water quality and testing, aquarium maintenance
- Caring for your goldfish: Feeding, healthcare, common illnesses
- Breeding: Taking care of goldfish fry, showing goldfish.
Mini Encyclopedia of Goldfish is ideal for both new and experienced hobbyists.
About the Author
Julia Russell-Davies is an experienced goldfish owner and breeder with a particular interest in raising the standard of goldfish keeping and the welfare standards for these popular pets.