Creative Watercolor and Mixed Media: A Step-by-Step Guide to Achieving Stunning Effects--Play with Gouache, Metallic Paints, Masking Fluid, Alcohol, and More! (Art for Modern Makers #3) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Art for Modern Makers series.
- #1: Creative Watercolor: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners--Create with Paints, Inks, Markers, Glitter, and More! (Art for Modern Makers #1) (Paperback): $22.99
- #6: Creative Drawing: Symbols and Sacred Geometry: A Beginner’s Step-by-Step Guide to Drawing and Painting Inspired Motifs - Explore Compass Drawing, Colored Pencils, Watercolor, Inks, and More (Art for Modern Makers #6) (Paperback): $22.99
In Creative Watercolor and Mixed Media, popular watercolor artist, instructor, and author Ana Victoria Calderon shares her simple step-by-step techniques for painting exciting and colorful motifs by combining watercolor with a variety of other user-friendly materials.
- Start with the essentials—paint, paper, and brushes—then learn about the featured mediums for mixing, including masking fluid, gold leaf, bleach, salt, and alcohol
- Take a step-by-step look at fundamental watercolor techniques
- Learn to paint a variety of striking organic motifs and surface effects, including stirring skies and clouds, sparkling galaxies, flowing oceans, and dazzling crystals
- Find great project ideas for stylish gifts and stationery
Perfect for all skill levels, the books in the Art for Modern Makers series take a fun, practical approach to learning about and working with paints and other art mediums to create beautiful DIY projects and crafts.
About the Author
The author of several titles published by Quarry Books—Creative Watercolor, Color Harmony for Artists, Creative Watercolor and Mixed Media, and Creative Drawing: Symbols and Sacred Geometry—Ana Victoria Calderon is a Mexican/American watercolor artist and teacher with a bachelor’s degree in Information Design and continued studies in Fine Arts. Her licensed artwork can be seen in retail outlets throughout the United States and Europe on a wide variety of products. Ana teaches in-person workshops and hosts creative retreats in Tulum, Mexico, as well as summer watercolor retreats throughout Europe. She has taught more than 100,000 students on Skillshare, where she is a Top Teacher, and she also teaches thousands of Spanish-speaking students on Domestika. See more of Ana’s work on Instagram (@anavictoriana), YouTube (Ana Victoria Calderon), and Facebook (Ana Victoria Calderon Illustration). She lives in Mexico City, Mexico.